The purpose of the Education Improvement Grant (EIG) in Ysgol Rhiwabon and across Wales is to improve educational outcomes for all learners. The grant is to help reduce the impact of deprivation on learner outcomes with a clear focus on the priorities below:-
- Improve the quality of teaching & learning;
- Address learners’ barriers to learning and improving inclusion;
- Improve the leadership of educational settings; and
- Improve the provision for learners and the engagement of learners.
The EIG supports national priorities for schools in Wales to:
- Improve outcomes in literacy and numeracy and reduce the impact of deprivation on educational outcomes.
- To support the strategic objectives set out in ‘Qualified for Life’, the Welsh Government’s long-term vision for education for 3-19 year old learners in Wales.
- The grant is intended to ensure a better alignment between strategy and policy objectives as well as implementation and delivery.
- Ysgol Rhiwabon’s School Improvement Plan includes use of the EIG as part of the funding for driving school improvement.
Download the Education Improvement Grant 2022-23 details here.