Pupil Deprivation Grant Statement
The purpose of the Pupil Deprivation Grant is to improve the educational attainment of pupils from low income families and who are entitled to free school meals (eFSM). Schools are expected to maximise the use of this funding by introducing sustainable strategies which will quickly lead to improved outcomes for pupils entitled to free school meals.
As a school, we want to learn from the best practice in Wales and beyond by:-
- planning interventions that focus on improving the attainment of pupils from deprived backgrounds, regularly monitoring pupils’ progress and evaluating the impact of the intervention.
- integrating plans for the effective use of the PDG into the School Development Plan, basing our practice on sound evidence and including them as part of a whole school strategy.
- balancing whole school strategies with targeted interventions to ensure that all learners entitled to free school meals benefit as individuals, whilst the whole school also develops its ability to support every learner to achieve their full potential.
In 2017 -18 we were allocated a total Pupil Deprivation Grant of £90,850
The School has a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by GwE and Wrexham Local Authority, to promote high expectations attainment and progress and to remove barriers to learning for pupils entitled to this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- Support attendance in school through engaging with our parents
- Provide improved data to increase the targeted pupil interventions needed
- Deliver greater support in the classroom
It is not appropriate for the school to publish a detailed plan as it could identify individual pupils.