Children’s University is a charity that is working in partnership with Ysgol Rhiwabon to develop a love of learning in children. This is done by encouraging and celebrating participation in extra-curricular activities in and outside of school. The impact of these activities is proven to be positive which is why we are committed to creating a level playing field of opportunity.
Ysgol Rhiwabon is currently part of the North Wales Pilot for Children’s University where pupils earn a stamp per hour in their Passport for Learning, for each of their extra-curricular activities, accumulating to Bronze (30 stamps), Silver (65 stamps) and Gold (100 stamps) awards at their graduation ceremony.
For every child that takes part in Children’s University, we want the following outcomes:
- They feel they have grown in confidence and self-belief
- They have enjoyed new experiences, in new places and want to keep exploring
- They believe they have a broader range of essential skills
- They feel empowered to make positive choices about their future
- They see that learning is fun, aspirational and lifelong
- They feel their eyes have been opened to a multiplicity of learning activities and opportunities
- They feel celebrated for their commitment to learning by their family, school and community
With the wide range of extra-curricular activities accredited by Children’s University at Ysgol Rhiwabon and in the wider community, pupils are spoilt for choice in trying out new skills and experiences whilst also developing their confidence in hobbies they already love.