Thank you for taking the time to visit our website.
Ysgol Rhiwabon has undergone significant changes in the last two years. We are the most improved school in Wrexham in the last twelve months in the key measure of 5A* to C GCSEs including English and Mathematics. 90% of our students achieved 5 A* to C GCSE grades and no student left here without a qualification in 2014.
Furthermore, we are one of only three schools in Wrexham to offer a post 16 education. All of our students that applied to university went on to their first choice institution, something we're very proud of.
However, we very much see these excellent results as the foundations for future success. We are not complacent and have set ourselves ever more challenging targets for the years ahead. It goes without saying that we want our students to be successful academically but of equal importance is that they become well rounded young adults who can go on to make a success of themselves in whatever they choose to do.
Currently we are one of a handful of schools in Wales to be a member of the Prince's Teaching Institute which has at its heart the aim of developing "inspiring teachers who are knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects". We are delighted to have met the very exacting criteria set by the Prince's Teaching Institute which accurately reflects the vibrant, engaging and challenging teaching and learning that is apparent every day of the week here at Ysgol Rhiwabon.
Often the best way of understanding how a school operates is to ask the parents. Below is a small selection of comments from parents of our current Year 7. I think they speak for themselves:-
- "The school uniform looks fantastic, nice to know that students have had input to style and choice."
- "After School Clubs - fantastic range of activities on offer. My daughter attends netball and has represented the school in matches - she thoroughly enjoys this!"
- "The Lead Learner gave me a phone call to let me know how my son was settling in - it really put my mind at rest."
- "The Vivo points are a good incentive for pupils to do their best."
- "The transfer to Ysgol Rhiwabon has gone extremely well, with the support and organisation of all the staff. Our daughter has quickly and comfortably adapted to the different way of life at high school and comes home happy every day. "
A website only gives a flavour of what a school is about. Whether you are a prospective parent or a member of the local community please do feel free to get in touch with us to have a tour of the school or to meet with key members of staff for an informal chat. I am confident that you will be impressed by what you see.
Community Police Officers School Newsletter . . .
School Attendance Graph . . .
Maths Booster Session . . .
Urdd Competition . . .
Ruabon Newsletter 78 . . .
Letter to Parents Regarding the Appointment of Acting Headteacher . . .
Mrs Ferron-Evans Goes to Birmingham . . .
Science Sees Stars!. . . .
Summer 2015 External Examinations Timetable . . .